Hidex 300 SL : Super Low Level TDCR Liquid Scintillation Counter
SUPER LOW-LEVEL SCINTILLATION COUNTER
|Based on the success of the Hidex 300SL TDCR scinllation counter, Hidex has developed a version for detection of low-level activities.
Similar to the standard instrument the Hidex 300SL super low-level scinllation counter is equipped with three photomutiplier tubes to facilitate TDCR counting as well as extremely good counting efficiency for low energy isotopes such as tritium.
- Low Level environmental radioisotope monitoring
- Radiocarbon dating
- Biofuel verification
The new improvments in the design include:
- Improvements in the passive shielding. Additional and imploved lead sheilding.
- Active guard. The instrument is equipped with a special scintillator detector. This guard detector detects cosmic radiation and other high-energy background radiation, which causes extra background pulses. When the guard detector and actual detector detect a pulse simultaneously, it is neglected.
- Dramatic reduction in background levels with variety of samples
- Hidex guard can also be used to measure high activity betas. The guard detector is seperated from the actual detector, therefore it does not react to high-energy betas originating from the sample and causing false counts in the guard.
- Hidex guard can also be used with alpha beta separation mode as the background reduction is not based on pulse length properities.
- Hidex Guard is separate from the actual detector therefore counting efficiency of standard sample is not affected and remain high over the lifetime of the counter.
HIDEX 300SL SUPER LOW-LEVEL LIQUID SCINTILLATION COUNTER